Expatriate Owl

A politically-incorrect perspective that does not necessarily tow the party line, on various matters including but not limited to taxation, academia, government and religion.

Friday, October 07, 2011

Yom Kippur 5772

Tonight at sundown will be Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.

I am now preparing to account to G-d for my sins this past year (which are not inconsiderable), and carbo-loading and hydro-loading for the fast.

I ask forgivenness from all whom I have wronged, and grant forgivenness to all who ask it of me.

Wishing all an easy fast, and a happy and healthy new year for 5772.

May your name be sealed in the Book of Life!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10 October, 2011 02:46, Blogger Aaron said…

    Shana Tova to you as well, and I hope you had an easy fast.

    I had a decent and meaningful fast, but with a caffeine withdrawal headache.

    I traveled to Toronto on Friday morning to spend Yom Kippur with the family and attend the Synagogue I grew up in for services. Not a bad way to engage in contemplative prayer and atonement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home