Expatriate Owl

A politically-incorrect perspective that does not necessarily tow the party line, on various matters including but not limited to taxation, academia, government and religion.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hot Rod: Some Dots to Connect



I am not, and have never been, an intense watcher of Illinois politics.

Accordingly, I will defer to those pundits whose working knowledge of the Chicago political machine is superior to my own (with due regard to their personal political agendas).

Having stated that, I cannot help but find a few dots to connect in the emerging Blagojevich scandal:

1. The Service Employees International Union ("SEIU") looms large in the Complaint against Hot Rod Blagojevich.

2. During the big 1989 hospital strike in New York City, Local 1199 -- which in 1998 affiliated with SEIU -- was greatly aided in their strike efforts by Jesse Jackson.

3. The Reverend Jesse Jackson's son, Jesse Jr., is a Congressman who hails from Chicago.


I make no presumptions and level no accusations. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least if, when all is said and done, Jesse, Junior and/or Senior, were somehow involved in this Hot Rod Blagojevich affair.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10 December, 2008 15:26, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was in a hospital in 1989 and I've lived in Chicago. Maybe I'm tied in with all this stuff.
    It's one thing to connect the dots but there are no dots leading from a 1989 strike in NYC to the Governor of Illinois' office in 19 years later.
    What are you smoking?

     
  • At 10 December, 2008 21:49, Blogger Expatriate Owl said…

    The original post was posted at approximately 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.

    The first comment, from "Anonymous," was posted at approximately 11:30 AM EST, but, because this is a moderated blog, and because I was out of my office until now, the comment was not moderated for posting until now (about 4:30 PM EST).

    Prior to the aforementioned moderator's muster, the office of Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. confirmed that he indeed was one of the potential new Senators mentioned in the Complaint.

    And so, apparently, in some convoluted way, the dots do in fact actually lead "from a 1989 strike in NYC to the Governor of Illinois' office in 19 years later."

    "Anonymous" is just that, anonymous. I know not his/her identity, and am not particular as to whether or not I eventually learn his/her identity. But if "Anonymous" has any class whatsoever, he/she will put up another post which, if not contrite and apologetic, will at least acknowledge that my speculation was not totally without foundation.

    And we can, if "Anonymous" so chooses, dispense with any discussion of our respective smoking habits.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home