Expatriate Owl

A politically-incorrect perspective that does not necessarily tow the party line, on various matters including but not limited to taxation, academia, government and religion.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Rosh HaShanah 5771

I haven't the time for an extended posting. In a few hours, the sun will set (it already has done so in the Holy City of Jerusalem) and the New Year, 5771, will be upon us.

This past one has had its plusses and minuses for me and my family. I hope and pray that 5771 will be a good one, without some of the negatives that have anguished us.

The holiday will be Thursday and Friday, and then, we go directly in to Shabbat, my religious Sabbath. Accordingly, it will be three days without doing certain types of work (including turning electric switches on or off, going online, accessing my e-mail, swimming, driving, et cetera). It will be a challenge, but I look forward to it.

I wish all a very happy and healthy New Year.

L'Shanah Tovah Tikatevu!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home