Expatriate Owl

A politically-incorrect perspective that does not necessarily tow the party line, on various matters including but not limited to taxation, academia, government and religion.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lockdown on Human Rights



Vladimir Putin is now criticizing America's human rights record!

Am I missing something here?  Quite frankly, I'd rather take my chances in any American prison than in Lublyanka, Lefortovo, Butryka or Bolshoy Dom.  And GITMO is not quite as cold as GULAG facilities in Siberia such as Potma or Perm.

Speaking of GITMO, as I write this posting the National Hurricane Center people say that Tropical Storm Sandy is now aimed squarely at the Guantanamo area.  The American military personnel there are presumably taking adequate precautions and preparations.  My thoughts are with them as they weather the storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home