Expatriate Owl

A politically-incorrect perspective that does not necessarily tow the party line, on various matters including but not limited to taxation, academia, government and religion.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Yom Kippur 5774



It is still before noon, but my schedule for the day may well leave me little if any wiggle room to come back to the computer to make my usual posting before the sun sets and Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, is upon us; so I shall take this opportunity before booting off to post it now.

The Jewish people are now being tested.  We all need to come together and, notwithstanding our diverse differences, show some unity as we face our enemies.  History has shown that G-d protects us when we behave honorably and valiantly.  G-d is watching us, and He wants us to do far better than we did this year past (you all know what I am referring to).

Historically, even the slightest little matters have tilted the balance to our favor.  In such regard, I have this morning written just one more little check to help the needy, even after having all but depleted our special tzedakah account for Rosh Hashanah.  I hope to also do some non-monetary good deeds before the sun sets tonight.

I forgive all who may approach me in earnest to forgive them for whatever affronts or injuries they may have inflicted or perpetuated upon me, and ask forgiveness of all those I may have wronged.

I beseech G-d to expiate my sins, and to inscribe all of us in the Book of Life for a good and prosperous and honorable year.

To all who will be fasting, have an easy fast!  And to all of the friends of the Jewish people who have backed us this past year, please accept my sincere gratitude.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home